About the Book -
Internal Security (Third Edition) is a book written for the aspirants of the Civil Services (Main) Examination. It will also be useful for various State Services Examinations.
With the growing challenges of global terrorism and local forms of naxalism and insurgency, ‘internal security’ has become a major concern for India. Following the global trend, UPSC also adopted ‘internal security’ as one of the topics in its syllabus of General Studies Paper 3. This book provides a broad overview of the various facets of the internal security situation of India. It also deals with various problems impacting the security of India, legal and institutional measures present, and recommendations of various committees and task forces for dealing with them.
The book has been written in simple and lucid language. An effort has been made to make the book reader-friendly by including mind maps, flowcharts, tables, and boxes. These features will be extremely useful for the aspirants in memorizing the whole issue (including the challenge and its measures) in a simple and comprehensive manner.
- Provides deep insights on issues and challenges of Internal security in India.
- Provides 50+ ethics case studies related to Internal Security
- Provides an exclusive chapter on Disaster Management
- Provides a chapter-wise compilation of Probable Questions
- Includes Minds-maps for better understanding and quick revision.
New to the Edition
- Special coverage of the Role of Media and Social Networking Sites in Internal Security Challenges
- Inclusion of previous years’ papers of the Main examination from the year 2020 to 2022
- Updated with the latest information, facts, and figures.