January 2017: OakBridge publishes its next title in Test Prep Edge Series ‘An Introduction to Civil Services’ by Lohit Matani
An Introduction to Civil Services is an invaluable reference for Civil Service aspirants, providing, in addition to the scheme of the Civil Services Examination, an overview of the various All-India and Central Civil Services.
The book deals with the roles, responsibilities, advantages, and disadvantages of 23 different All-India Services and Central Civil Services recruited by the UPSC, strengthening the aspirant’s conceptual understanding of the Services. Besides aiding them in selecting their service preference, it will help those with public administration as their optional paper. In tune with the pattern of the questions asked in General Studies Paper IV, the book provides real-life ethics case studies related to the different services.
Written in simple and lucid language, this work is useful for Civil Services aspirants at the main examination and interview stages. The book is also quite insightful for newly recruited civil servants in their initial years of training or posting.
- Presents the scheme and pattern of the CSE
- Explains the roles, responsibilities, career paths, cadre structure, advantages, and disadvantages of 23 All India and Central Services
- Provides a comparative analysis of the described Services
- Provides 100 real-life ethical dilemmas and case studies related to the different Services
- Provides guidelines for selecting the service
- Offers a compilation based on the knowledge and experience of 23 serving bureaucrats
December 2017: OakBridge publishes its first Hindi title in Academic segment – पर्यावरण एवं पारिस्थितिकी, Hindi edition of ‘Environment and Ecology : A complete guide’ for the aspirants of Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations by R.Rajagopalan
पर्यावरण एवं पारिस्थितिकी, पर्यावरण सम्बन्धी विषयों की एक संपूर्ण मार्गदर्शिका है. यह पुस्तक संघ लोक सेवा आयोग द्वारा आयोजित सिविल सेवा प्रारंभिक एवं मुख्य परीक्षा के अभ्यर्थियों के लिए एक अत्यंत उपयोगी पुस्तक है. इसके अतिरिक्त यह भारतीय वन सेवा परीक्षा के लिए भी लाभप्रद है. सिविल सेवा परीक्षा में पूछे जाने वाले प्रश्नों की प्रवृत्ति को ध्यान में रखते हुए, यह पुस्तक भारत के पर्यावरण सम्बन्धी घटनाओं पर अधिक प्रकाश डालने के साथ-साथ, प्रमुख अंतर्राष्ट्रीय वृतांतों का भी एक ब्यौरा प्रस्तुत करती है. पुस्तक को लिखने में प्रश्न-उत्तर प्रारूप का प्रयोग किया गया है, जो कि पुस्तक को अभ्यर्थियों के लिए उपयोगी एवं संवादनात्मक बनाता है.
• पर्यावरण एवं पारिस्थितिकी से सम्बंधित नवीनतम सूचनाओं का संकलन
• सिविल सेवा प्रारंभिक परीक्षा 1987 से 2017 तक के प्रश्नों की, हल-सहित प्रस्तुति
• 1987 से 2017 तक के पर्यावरण सम्बन्धी प्रश्नों का प्रवृत्ति विश्लेषण
• सिविल सेवा प्रारंभिक एवं मुख्य परीक्षा हेतु प्रश्न बैंक एवं आदर्श उत्तर की प्रस्तुति
• सिविल सेवा मुख्य परीक्षा 2016 एवं 2017 के प्रश्नों का अध्यायवार विश्लेषण
• अध्ययन को रुचिकर बनाने हेतु सभी अध्यायों के प्रारंभ में विषय सम्बन्धी कथनाक का प्रस्तुतीकरण
आई आई टी, मद्रास के पूर्व प्रोफेसर आर राजगोपालन, स्कूल, कॉलेज और सामान्य रीडर के लिए पर्यावरण सम्बन्धी 14 पुस्तकों के लेखक हैं. अंग्रेजी माध्यम में लिखी गयी उनकी विश्वविद्यालय स्तर की पुस्तक छात्रों के बीच बहुत लोकप्रिय रही है एवं Amazon.in पर #1 बेस्ट-सेलर के दर्जे को प्राप्त किया है. प्रोफेसर राजगोपालन देश भर में विभिन्न समूहों (आईएस अधिकारियों समेत ) के लिए पर्यावरण पर कार्यशालाएं भी आयोजित करते हैं.
December 2017: New book from OakBridge Publishing on International Taxation – ‘Emerging Issues in International Taxation’ by H PADAMCHAND KHINCHA was formally launched at FIT 2017.
The Book was presented to Rajesh Sharma Ramloll, Deputy Solicitor-General, Attorney General’s Office, Government of Mauritius by Shreesh Chandra, Co-Founder, Director, OakBridge Publishing at the event in presence of the author, H PadamChand Kincha and Arvind P Datar, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court. Several other eminent dignitaries graced the occasion.
November 2017: OakBridge Publishing organized a full day Seminar on GST: Taking Stock Post Implementation on Friday, November 17, 2017 at Hotel The LaLit, New Delhi
The hugely successful and appreciated seminar provided a platform for learning and knowledge sharing on GST including topics such as the procedural, compliance and technical implementation challenges being faced by various stakeholders especially post implementation.
Mr. Arvind P. Datar, Sr. Advocate and a keynote speaker talked about Key Legal Issues Emanating from the GST Constitutional Amendment Act. Mr. Datar mentioned that GST has been a brilliant example of cooperative federalism but the government should think of simplifying implementation of GST further to ensure greater compliance. He even suggested that it may be a good idea to levy a flat GST of 5% or 10% up to INR 5 Crores instead of bothering about multiple classification and filing multiple forms et al.
Sujit Ghosh, National Head & Partner, Advaita Legal spoke on International Jurisprudence around GST and Legal Issues Pertaining to Anti-profiteering. He provided relevant international examples and said that while Anti-profiteering is a good concept, clarity in the legislation is far important – expressing concern that too much power to the delegacy could also lead to potential abuse.
Justice Manmohan, delivered the valedictory address and said, “In my view India today is at cross-roads. A bold constitutional amendment and legislation like GST has the potential to push India into a group of developed economies. But, any regressive step at this juncture of implementation can cost the nation dearly in the form of jobs and closure of start-ups and small-scale businesses. I only hope that the issues and the criticism that are being raised are only teething problems and with passage of time they will get resolved. Being an optimist, I believe the economy will grow many folds and all traders will come into the taxation stream and the cash economy will disappear.”
Pratik Jain, Partner and National Leader Indirect Tax, PwC said that more time should have been given to a massive initiative like GST for implementation as teething issues have led to a situation of uncertainty and has hurt many people – in particular the Exports and SMEs. Mr. Jain also suggested that in order to adjust and accommodate further – the government should avoid compromising with the basic structure or fabric of GST. Mr. Sanjiv Srivastava, Commissioner CBEC and Mr. Shashi Bhushan Singh, Vice President, GSTN also spoke during the event and emphasized on the need for businesses to be more transparent and compliant.
There were several other distinguished speakers such as senior partners from firms like Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, PwC, Advaita Legal and Khaitan & Co. and senior corporate professionals from PwC, Dell Technologies, Infosys, GMR, Hinduja Global Solution, CII and APRA Associates. CFOs, Tax Heads and Sr. Managers from prominent organizations like PepsiCo, Coca Cola, Mahindra & Mahindra, Discovery, Walmart, Aircel, Kuwait Airways, Timex Group, Tata Steel, ICICI Securities, HCL, IndiaBulls Housing Finance, and Xerox were present amongst the eminent delegates.
The event attracted many partners and sponsors of high calibre and reach. Advaita Legal was the Knowledge Partner for the event. TaxSutra came onboard as the Online Partner, Witness was the Official Magazine Partner, ICCA – the Supporting Partner, Mind Quotient – the Learning Partner, and Exotic Vacationz was the Travel Partner.
September 2017: OakBridge presented a copy of “Case Studies in Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for the aspirants of Civil Services Main Examinations by R.Rajagopalan” to Mr. M.B. Kaushal, Former Secretary of Internal Security, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India
September 2017: OakBridge publishes its second book in the test prep segment – Case Studies in Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for the aspirants of Civil Services Main Examinations by R.Rajagopalan
Case Studies in Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude is a unique book for the aspirants of the Civil Services Main Examination. The book covers cases from all the areas mentioned in the syllabus of General Studies Paper IV of the Civil Services Examination (CSE). It is primarily intended for practising with a variety of case studies.
- 111 realistic cases based on true stories, events, and news reports
- Analysis of the pattern of cases that have appeared in General Studies Paper IV of CSE
- A suggested strategy for tackling the case studies asked in the Paper
- A set of guidelines for analysing any case and writing the answer
- Cases covering all areas of the UPSC GS Paper IV syllabus:
- Government officials facing ethical issues at work
- Business executives facing ethical issues at work
- Individuals facing ethical issues at work and in personal life
- Public policy issues
- Other areas of applied ethics
- Suggested answers of the cases asked in the question papers of the years 2013–15
- Model Answers to the Case Studies asked in the question paper of 2016
August 2017: OakBridge publishes its first book in the test prep segment – revised edition of Environment and Ecology : A comprehensive study guide on Environment and Ecology for the aspirants of Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations by R.Rajagopalan
- Solved papers for the Preliminary Examination of the years 2016 and 2017
- Chapter-wise analysis of the questions of the Main Examination 2016
- Trend analysis for the question papers from 1987 to 2017.
- Coverage of the latest developments in the field of Environment and Ecology.
- Lead stories in all the chapters to improve understanding while creating an interest in the topic.
- Chapter-wise categorization of the past questions of Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations, with comments where necessary.
- Model answers for the questions of Main Examinations and a Question Bank for the Preliminary and Main Examinations, based on latest pattern of the UPSC.
The book will soon be available on all the leading stores near you.
The Associated Chamber of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) hosted a National Summit on GST – Post Implementation Issues on 2nd August, 2017 at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi. The welcome address was given by our author J.K. Mittal, who is also an eminent lawyer and the Co-chairman of National Council on Indirect Taxes, ASSOCHAM.
Mr. Lakshmikumaran (Managing Partner, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan), Mr. Sujit Ghosh (Partner & National Head at Advaita Legal), Mr. Ranjeet Singh (Joint Commissioner at Department of Trade and Taxes, Govt. of NCT of Delhi), Mr. Himanshu Gupta (GST Commissioner, North Delhi) and Mr. R. Sridhar (Senior Vice President – Taxation at Coca Cola Beverage Pvt. Ltd.) were amongst some of the eminent panellists.
Our team attended the conference and had set up a stall displaying our First Book : Hand Book on GST Law _by J.K. Mittal. The author also presented our first book to Mr. Lakshmikumaran and Mr. Himanshu Gupta.
Oakbridge publishes its first book on GST – ‘Handbook of GST Law’ – by JK Mittal.
The book is a compilation of GST law and includes:
- Introduction of GST in India
- The Constitution (One Hundred and First Amendment) Act, 2016
- The Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- The Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- The Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- The Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017
- The Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
- The Integrated Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
- The Goods and Services Tax Compensation Cess Rules, 2017
The book is now available on all the leading stores near you.