About the book -
Applied Psychology 3e is a book meant for the aspirants of Civil Services Main Examination. It will also help those appearing in various State Services Examinations. The book deals with the topics mentioned in the syllabus of the Paper II of Psychology optional. It seeks to observe, analyse and interpret human behaviour using various tests and techniques. Starting from the application of psychology in solving human problems, the book delves deep into the use of psychological methods to solve the problems of modern life. It portrays the influence of groups, society, technology, and environment on human psychology. It provides simple and consolidated analysis of psychological principles and their applications in controlling, maintaining and modifying human behaviour. The book has been written in a simple and lucid language. Diagrams and flowcharts have been used to facilitate a better understanding of the concepts.
Key Features Applied Psychology -
- Mapped to the syllabus of Paper II of the Psychology, prescribed by UPSC
- Deals with the relevance of psychological principles in dealing with issues and concerns of modern life
- Special chapter on the emerging field of media psychology
- Special focus on India-specific and cross-cultural approaches
- Provides application of psychological methods in organisational management, therapy, and public policy