- Thematic commentary on the areas of software copyright, software patent and software licensing laws.
- Discusses the various forms of legal and contractual protection available against software rights infringement.
- Examines the influence of international laws on the evolving jurisprudence in India.
- Analyses relevant Indian and International Case Law.
- Explains the concepts of free and open licensing, copyleft. enforceability of e-contracts including shrink-wrap and browse-wrap agreements.
Examines relative provisions of Information Technology Act, 2000; Indian Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970; and India Contract Act, 1872.
About the Author:
Asheeta is a consultant specializing in Indian and international technology, privacy and cyber laws. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E, CIPP/A), and a Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals. She provides consultation to clients, law firms and companies on matters relating to intellectual property rights in relation to software, software licensing, as well as free and open source licensing. Asheeta regularly contributes articles in her fields of specialization that have been published in the media. Asheeta read law at Government Law College, Mumbai (BLS, LLB), and is a Member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa. She also holds qualifications in cyber laws and cyber-crime investigation from the Asian School of Cyber Laws.
There are no reviews yet.