Science and Technology – from Inception to Advancement (Second Edition) is an authoritative and most updated book written for the aspirants of Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations.
The book also provides a brief on the basics of the emerging technologies like Recombinant DNA Technology, Nanotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Internet of Things, Hyperloop, Electric Vehicles, Driverless cars, Robotics etc. It also deals with the latest developments in the field of Science and Technology taking place at global level.
Diagrams and flowcharts have been used for better understanding. Written in simple and lucid language, the book will serve as a comprehensive reference for Civil Services Examinations and other competitive examinations.
New to this Edition:
– Analytical insights on key aspects of science and technology.
– Solved papers of the previous years’ Preliminary Examinations from the year 2011 to 2018.
– Solved papers of the Main Examination of the year 2018 and approach to answer writing for the years 2013 to 2017.
– Exclusive chapter on New and Emerging Technologies.
– Provides fundamental concepts of General Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
– Detailed glossary for enhanced conceptual understanding.
– Use of Diagrams and Flowcharts for better illustration.
– Exclusive coverage of Forensic Science, Earth Science, Cyber security and agriculture technologies.
– Extremely useful for the students of non-Science background.
About the Author:
Neeraj Nachiketa is a biotechnologist from IIT Bombay and also an alumnus of University of Mumbai and National Law School, Bengaluru. He has done Certificate Course in IPR from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva. A member of the Bar Council of India, he is also a practicing advocate in IPR Law.