General Studies Series Part 6 – General Science and Technology has been written for the aspirants of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. It will also help the students in the preparation of various state services examinations.
Keeping in view the new syllabi and the changing trends of Civil Services examination, the book provides comprehensive, yet concise, insights on fundamentals of science and technology and their relevant applications. The book also provides a brief on the basics of the emerging technologies like Recombinant DNA Technology, Nanotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Internet of Things, Hyperloop, Electric Vehicles, Driverless cars, Robotics etc. It also deals with the latest developments in the field of Science and Technology taking place at global level. A special chapter on ‘General Science’ has been included to introduce the students with the fundamentals of various streams of science.
At the end of the book, practice questions, based on the latest pattern of UPSC, have been provided for the purpose of self-assessment. The book has been written in a simple and lucid language. Illustrations have been provided to facilitate the better understanding.
– Analytical insights on key aspects of science and technology
– Provides fundamental concepts of General Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
– Use of Diagrams and Flowcharts for better illustration
– Provides solved questions of the previous years’ preliminary examinations from the year 2011 to 2019
– Presents 120 practice MCQs for self-assessment
– Provides trend analysis of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018 and 2019