General Studies Series Part 4 – Geography of India and the World has been written for the aspirants of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. It will also help the students in the preparation of various state services examinations. The book is divided into two parts. Part 1 deals with the fundamentals of physical geography. It covers topics like solar system, evolution and structure of the earth, landforms, various climatic zones of the world and other significant details of the world geography. Part 2 incorporates the salient features of Indian geography. It provides an insight on the physiography of India, climate, demography and transport infrastructure in India. At the end of the book, practice questions, based on the latest pattern of UPSC, have been provided for the purpose of self-assessment. The book has been written in a simple and lucid language. Maps, diagrams and illustrations have been provided to facilitate a better understanding of the topics.
Key features :
– Covers salient features of the Indian and the world geography
– Provides detailed insights on physiography of India and its impact on the Indian climate
– Explains the fundamentals of physical geography, climatology and oceanography
– Provides solved questions of the previous years’ preliminary examinations from the year 2011 to 2019
– Presents 120 practice MCQs for self-assessment
– Provides trend analysis of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018 and 2019