Public Administration and Public Policy (Volume 1) is specially aimed at the aspirants of the Civil Services (Main) Examination. It will also be useful for the aspirants of various state services examinations.
The book covers the various aspects of administrative and organizational management, incorporating the thoughts and philosophies of various administrative thinkers. Starting from the evolution and scope of public administration, the book delves deep into the various paradigms and facets of public administration. In consonance with the syllabus of the UPSC, the text includes topics such as administrative thinkers, administrative laws, development administration, accountability and control, and financial management. It addresses all the topics mentioned in the syllabus of Paper 1 of Public Administration prescribed by the UPSC. To facilitate quick assessment, each chapter is followed by an exhaustive compilation of the relevant previous years’ and practice questions.
The book provides flowcharts, diagrams, and mind maps to facilitate better understanding and retention of the concepts. Written in extremely lucid and simple language, it will serve as a comprehensive textbook for Paper 1 of Public Administration.
– Presents analytical insights on the philosophies of administrative thinkers
– Illustrates organisational theories and their applications
– Is mapped to the UPSC syllabus of Public Administration – Paper I
– Provides chapter-wise practice questions for self-assessment
– Guides by including the answers to questions asked in the last 30 years
– Presents a trend analysis of the previous years’ papers (2008 to 2018)
– Incorporates conceptual mind maps, flowcharts, and diagrams in the text for better understanding and retention of the concepts.
About the Author:
Lohit Matani is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the 2014 batch posted in Maharashtra.