General Studies Series Part 2 – Modern India and Indian National Movement has been written for the aspirants of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. It will also help the students in the preparation of various state services examinations.
Starting from the events of mid- eighteenth century, the book covers the various aspects of Indian History till independence. It provides the list of Viceroys and the key events that took place during their tenure, important personalities associated with the freedom movement, chronology of events in Indian history and important social reform movements. At the end of the book, practice questions, based on the latest pattern of UPSC, have been provided for the purpose of self-assessment.
The book has been written in a simple and lucid language. Illustrations have been provided to facilitate the better understanding.
– Covers events from the mid-eighteenth century to independence
– Provides a detailed list of Tribal, Peasants, Caste and Class movements in India
– Presents the list of Viceroys and the events that took place during their tenure
– Provides solved questions of the previous years’ preliminary examinations from the year 2011 to 2018
– Presents 120 practice MCQs for self-assessment
– Provides trend analysis of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018