Governance in India – A Handbook has been written for the aspirants of the Civil Services Examination. It will also help the students in the preparation of various state services examinations. Starting from the basic concepts of governance, the book covers various aspects of administration, civil services, and development authorities in India. It delves deep into the various facets of the governance in India, including regulatory and quasi-judicial bodies, NGOs and pressure groups, poverty, and hunger. The book also deals with the issues related to vulnerable groups, health, and education. Each chapter is provided with questions of the previous years’, asked in the Civil Services Examination, along with their solutions.
– Covers various aspects of governance and administration in India
– Provides salient features of regulatory and quasi-judicial institutions
– Provides insights on the issues of vulnerable groups like Women, Children, Senior Citizens, and Minorities
– Explains the problems related to Health and Education in India
– Provides a chapter-wise compilation of previous years’ questions, along with their model answer
– Provides diagrams, flowcharts, and mind-maps for better understanding
– Mapped to the syllabus of the UPSC
– Also useful for various state services examinations
– Useful for both preliminary and main examinations The book has been written in a simple and lucid language. Illustrations, flowcharts, and diagrams have been provided to facilitate a better understanding of the topics.
Pradeep Singh is an officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), who has secured AIR 26 in UPSC Civil Services Examination 2019 at the young age of 23. He graduated with Hons. in Commerce from IIPS – Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore. He has a keen interest in the Political system and Governance related matters of India. He is an eloquent orator as well as a poet.