General Studies Series Part 1 – Indian Art and Culture has been written for the aspirants of Civil Services
Examination. It will also help the students in the preparation of various state services examinations.
Starting from the evolution of Indian art and architecture, the book covers diverse aspects of Indian culture. It delves deep into the various facets of the art and culture of India, contribution made by different dynasties in shaping Indian culture, classical dances, folk traditions, and evolution of music in India. The book also provides an insight on Ancient and Medieval history of Indian sub-continent. At the end of the book, practice questions, based on the latest pattern of UPSC, have been provided for self-assessment.
The book is embedded with diagrams and flowcharts to facilitate illustrative learning of the subject. It will serve as a quick reference guide for the Civil Services Examination.
- Comprises mind-map summary for each chapter to aid revision of the syllabus
- Provides insights on Ancient and Medieval Indian history
- Covers salient features of the Indian art, culture, and heritage
- Explains dance, music, and folk traditions of India
- Provides solved questions of the previous years’ preliminary examinations (2011–2022)
- Presents 120 practice MCQs for self-assessment
- Provides trend analysis of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020–2022
Developed by OakBridge content team under the guidance of subject matter experts specialising in Psychology.