General Studies Series Part 1 – Indian Art and Culture has been written for the aspirants of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. It will also help the students in the preparation of various state services examinations.
Starting from the evolution of Indian art and architecture, the book covers diverse aspects of Indian culture. It delves deep into the various facets of the art and culture of India, contribution made by different dynasties in shaping Indian culture, classical dances, folk traditions and evolution of music in India. The book also provides an insight on Ancient and Medieval history of Indian subcontinent. At the end of the book, practice questions, based on the latest pattern of UPSC, have been provided for the purpose of self-assessment.
The book is embedded with diagrams and flowcharts to facilitate illustrative learning of the subject. It will serve as a quick reference guide for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
Key features :-
– Provides insights on Ancient and Medieval Indian history
– Covers salient features of the Indian art, culture and heritage
– Explains dance, music and folk traditions of India
– Provides solved questions of the previous years’ preliminary examinations from the year 2011 to 2019
– Presents 120 practice MCQs for self-assessment
– Provides trend analysis of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018 and 2019
The book has been written in a simple and lucid language. Illustrations have been provided to facilitate the better understanding.