Ethics and Morality –From Vice to Virtue is a text written for the aspirants of Civil Services Examination. It will also help students in the preparation of state services examinations.
The book attempts to build a foundational understanding of Ethics and its application in the governance of the country. It recognizes the interdisciplinary and dynamic nature of the subject and seeks to launch the reader into the space of ethical dilemmas. Starting from the application of ethics in human lives, the book delves deep into the role of ethics in civil services and public administration. It provides a detailed account of the learnings from the lives of great leaders and eminent personalities. It connects various developments taking place at national and international platforms with the concept and theory of ethics, thereby, giving room to aspirants to apply their understanding to the events around them, to circumstances and situations they study in newspaper,s and issues which affect them.
Written in a simple and lucid language, the book is embedded with real-life examples, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Connects theory and concepts of ethics with real-life examples from history, administration and current events
- Avoids complex jargons and terminologies to facilitate easy understanding
- Contains stories from life of great leaders and thinkers and folklore which elucidate the concept as well as enrich answers
- Provides answer writing tips and trend analysis of General Studies Paper 4 of UPSC (main) Examination from the year 2013 to 2020
- Compiles previous years’ questions of Part A of Ethics paper from the year 2013 to 2020
- Embedded with flowchart and diagrams to augment the process of learning
- Integrates online support for additional reads
About the Author:
Rahul Garg is an officer of Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) and currently serving as Deputy Controller of Accounts in IT Division of PFMS. Formerly, he was also associated with Indian Railways after securing Rank 10 in UPSC IES Examination. Known for his thoughtfulness and analytical approach, he was awarded with ‘Best Debater’ award in NIFM Officer’s batch of 2017. He loves guiding the aspirants of Civil Services examination on the ethics and the various disciplines related to it.