Disaster Management has been written for providing insights on various types of disasters and the ways to manage them. It is useful for the aspirants of Civil Services and various State services Examinations. It will also be useful for the undergraduate courses of various universities.
Starting with the introduction of disasters, the book provides an information on the various types of natural and man-made disasters. It further delves deep into the various approaches and aspects of disaster management, mitigation techniques, disaster preparedness, capacity building and the role of various stakeholders in disaster management. It also provides information on the various institutions and organisations involved in disaster management.
Divided into five parts and twenty chapters, the book will serve as a comprehensive reference on disaster management. The book is written in a simple and lucid language. Flowcharts, maps, diagrams and tables have been used for better understanding.
– Provides insights on various types of disasters
– Elucidates the core principles of disaster management
– Explains the role of various stakeholders in the management of disasters
– Covers international cooperation in the field of disaster management
– Explains the role of technology in the managing the disasters