Buyback of Securities and Delisting of Equity Shares, a part of the SEBI Regulations – Practical Reference Series, discusses the provisions of the SEBI (Buy-back of Securities) Regulations, 2018 and the SEBI (Delisting of Equity Shares) Regulations, 2009. As part of the Series, it aims to provide a practical reference tool to the readers to quickly understand these Regulations in a comprehensive and lucid manner.
– Provides the updated position of law taking into account the latest amendments
– Analyses the SEBI (Delisting of Equity Shares) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2018 and major amendments thereunder such as:
* introduction of the concept of Counter Offer,
* new definition of Specific Date,
* clarification that the Merchant Banker who conducted Due Diligence could also be the Manager to the Offer
– Includes illustrations and case law as ready guidance to ensure compliance with Regulations
– Examines the interplay between Buy-back Regulations and the Substantial Acquisition of Shares & Takeovers Regulations
– Contains checklists of activities and timelines under both the Regulations for easy reference
– Covers Frequently Asked Questions under the Delisting of Equity Shares Regulations
– Includes specimen of key documents such as Board Resolution, Public Notice, Public Announcement and Relevant Reports
– Compares different types of buyback in a tabular format
The book will be highly useful to practitioners, law firms, corporate entities and professionals, adjudicating officers, department officials, chartered accountants, company secretaries, and public sector units.