An Introduction to Civil Services is an attempt to provide an overview of the Civil Services Examination and work profile of 23 All India Services and Central Civil Services. This book is useful for Civil Services Examination. It will also help candidates in choosing their service preference.
The book will provide a basic understanding of scheme and pattern of the Civil Services Examination. It will strengthen the aspirant’s conceptual understanding on All India Services and Central Civil Services, which, besides aiding them in filling service preference, will also help those appearing in CSE with Public Administration as an optional subject. In tune with the pattern of the question asked in the General Studies Paper IV, the book provides real life ethics case studies related to different services.
- Features Scheme and Pattern of the Civil Services Examination
- Explains roles, responsibilities, deputation, advantages and disadvantages of 23 All India and Central Services
- Provides comparative analysis of 23 All India and Central Civil Services
- 100 Real life ethical dilemmas and case studies related to various All India and Central Civil Services
- Guidelines for making service preference
- Unique blend of the knowledge of 23 serving bureaucrats